Geek Out!
A girl has the right to geek out. Sorry if I get some on you.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Why, oh why, do I finally get inspired when I'm busy? I finally have something to write about in one of my many fanfictions, only to realize that Archon is this weekend, and I still haven't done any panel planning. And I don't even want to go! I'm going because it'll be good advertising for Anime St. Louis. If the con wasn't paying for it, I wouldn't go. $60 for a convention? I get it, it's the alcohol, but I'm not really a drinker, and I'll be working, so that's waaay too expensive for what I'm getting.

So, I need to hurry up and plan seven panels that probably won't even get any business since Archon is a sci-fi/fantasy convention. And when I'm not working panels, I'll be sitting at a table trying to advertise for Anime St. Louis. I probably won't venture into any other panels since I've seen the panel list, and I could care less. I do kind of want to see Laura Hamilton, but I don't have anything to get autographed. I'd loved to get a copy of one her books, get it signed, and mail it to Kricket and Kate, who got me into Hamilton's series.

Since we're carpooling, I'm gonna end up crashing on someone else's couch, which means I probably won't get a shower, and I probably won't sleep either. Con funk xP

Archon craziness wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't also working on Cosplay Bazaar. It seems I'm the only thinking about the little details. Like, if we want to have a contest, we need to lay down rules, and someone has to write them up. Guess who that's gonna end up being? Plus it seems no one has it together enough to do the flier rounds that Ken planned, which pisses me off since I stayed up for hours on the computer with a sprained wrist to work on putting a flier together in time, and then everyone bails.

She's going to be there, at Archon. I know I'm going to run into her. I'm not looking forward to that, not at all.

So all of that, with two more episodes to translate for Anime Midstream, why do I suddenly have the urge to write? I blame Rei, she always writes Ouran fanfic while busy. I wrote ten pages of Sailor Moon fanfiction last night. And by the way, anyone who makes fun of me for writing Sailor Moon fanfiction gets hit in the face with a rake. Sailor Moon is an amazing, complex story... in the manga. And I write from the manga. I'm also writing fanfics for Slayers, Rurouni Kenshin, Fushigi Yuugi, and Naruto. And occasionally I try to write some of the novel ideas that I had. I never get very far because my muse wanders off and does something else while I'm trying to write. But finally Hayate (my muse) settled on Sailor Moon, and I churned out three chapters. This is a big deal for me since I can never get more than a few paragraphs before quitting V.V This is why I could never go into writing professionally, or post regularly on fanfiction.net. I swear I'll get something of my own on that site some day! Granted, I do have fanfic there, but Rei writes it, and I make it sound pretty. And that fic isn't a serious piece, otherwise it wouldn't be a self-insertion fic that exists because my best friend and I are total fangirls for Kaoru and Mori. Ah... Mori...

OMG! I just realized that Yamamoto from Katekyo Hitman Reborn looks a lot like Mori O.O And they both have the kendo thing going on. And their first names are Takashi and Takeshi. *flails* Mori's long lost tiwn! *dies*

And to those who haven't realized it, I'm totally in love with Katekyo Hitman Reborn. What can I say? I'm a sucker for Jump Comics. I love most manga they serialize; Naruto, Bleach, Gintama, etc. They're all my type of comic, and Reborn is no exception. It started a little slow, unusually episodic for a manga. And then when the plot kicked in full gear, it was epic. The characters are SO great. This is a manga where I can't actually pick a favorite character. I love Gokudera and Yamamoto and Dino and Sasagawa *w* There's heaps of other great characters. I should do a full review as my next blog. Flippin' amazing manga.

Posted by Cat at 4:38 PM |

4 Comments:

At October 1, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Blogger lovely_rei said........
Speaking of the Ouran fan fiction, I really need to work on it but I'm too busy. :( maybe after ren fair. Or after I've passed Pre calc.
 


At October 1, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Blogger Cat said........
I'm ready to edit whenever you write more :3 Until then, maybe I'll make actual progress on this SM fanfic.
 


At October 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
lol fanfiction try real writing someday

>_>

*runs and hides*
 


At October 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Blogger Cat said........
Real writing? I've tried that too, it never works out so well unless it's poetry.