Geek Out!
A girl has the right to geek out. Sorry if I get some on you.

Monday, July 7, 2008
Heather asked me to tutor her a little in Japanese, and we decided to meet at Starbucks on Saturday. I called her Friday night to ask her when she wanted to meet, and she revealed that she had been called into work on Saturday, and could we reschedule for Sunday?

No problem. Totally understandable. Sunday rolls around, she finally calls me to tell me that she's going to a friend's house to go swimming for a few hours, and that I was welcome to come. Well, that's just too awkward for me, so I tell her that I'd rather not. She says she'll call me later and we'll head over to Starbucks. Hours go by. I pass the time by gathering up some materials, flipping through some old textbook, watching the new Die Hard movie. By 8 pm I'm figuring she'll call me at any minute. By 8:30 pm I'm pretty frustrated. I give her a call. Apparently her parents are mad at her for staying out so late so often, and they don't want her going out. Okay, it's not her fault that her parents don't care that it's a tutoring session, but she could call me! I know she felt bad because it was her who asked me to tutor her, but she could at least call me! I felt like such an ass, preparing all this stuff, waiting by my phone.

I wasn't that mad at Heather, I just wish she would have called so I didn't waste a whole day thinking we were going to hang out. I watched Hellboy to curb my disappoint. Hellboy was okay. The special effects were very pretty, but I don't think the characters were very fleshed out except for Hellboy himself. I started reading up on the comic, as I do whenever a nerd movie comes out. It actually seems like something I would read if I had the access. I'm definitely looking forward to Hellboy II.

Con work is going slow. I'm trying to reprice our ad rates. This is especially difficult since I don't know what good prices are.

Posted by Cat at 5:05 PM |

1 Comments:

At July 8, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Blogger Jono said........
It sucks that Heather didn't call you . That's kind of inconsiderate.

That said, Hellboy 2 should be massively awesome. I too thought the first movie was okay, but I think Del Toro has gotten a better handle on bizarre fairy tale pulp fiction after Pan's Labyrinth. I'm fully expecting the sequel to knock the original out of the park.