Geek Out!
A girl has the right to geek out. Sorry if I get some on you.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Yeaah....

Had some internet problems on my laptop, but now it's fixed!

So... I heard back from Facebook about my resume. They had me answer some questions and rate my language proficiency. My answers were decent, but I fear an honest assessment of my Japanese skills is where I don't get the job. We'll see! Meanwhile, I submitted my resume to a company called Digital Manga, which is a licenser, publisher, and distributer of manga. I'd probably like the Digital Manga job more, but since their website hasn't been updated for awhile, I have my doubts about hearing back from them. *crosses fingers*

Turning back the clock a little, I had a great birthday! Jon, Josh and I met Julie at Koreana (a Korean karaoke place), which hadn't opened yet. To kill some time, we checked out the Westport Sheraton Lakeside Chalet as a possible location for AnimeStL. Beautiful location! After we looked at the hotel, we went back to Koreana, rocked out for a steep price, and then went to Sansui for dinner, during which it poured down rain so hard Heather got stuck on the highway and Nick had to get in his own car and guide her to the restaurant. Dinner was great, and in the thick of it, I got a call from Audry. This was a huge relief to me since we planned on going to Otakon together, but she changed phone numbers and rarely answers internet correspondence. After dinner we killed sometime before Hellboy, which was a great movie!

Con business has been... meh... things look good, but there's a few people I'm sorely tempted to set on fire...

I finally unlocked all the characters in the Bleach Wii game :3 Why Grimmjow is the hardest character to get is beyond me, but I'm loving how powerful him, Ulquiorra, and Aizen are. Oh, and Urahara too. Ridiculously strong.

Audry's coming to town! She'll stay at my house starting from tomorrow to Sunday so she doesn't have to pay for a hotel while she's back in St. Louis. This gives me a chance to force her to watch Baccano!, which I know she'll enjoy. Sunday is Jon's bday, so I should hurry up and get him something >.>

Otakon is just around the corner! While talking on the phone with Sarah, we basically talked each other into coming up with new costumes. I was once again in doubt about doing Naruto costumes, and thanks to our conversation about the new season of an old favorite we finally said "Let's do Slayers costumes!" We swapped ideas back and forth. Obviously Adrienne would redo her Xellos costume, but my and Sarah's previous Slayers costumes were in no shape to be worn again. So we thought long and hard about heights, sizes, and the feasibility of outfits. After finding a *very* helpful guide to making pauldrons, Sarah decide she could actually pull off Lina Inverse. Figuring Bradwen would do Gourry again, it was then a matter of figuring out who I would be. For the sake of some height accuracy, I couldn't be Amelia. I thought about Filia, but the complication of the outfit and find a wig for her would be a bit more than I could handle in a month (though I would probably enjoy trying to make the mace). So with her out, very few female characters of my height remained. Well, ones with costumes that I would actually do. Let's face it, I don't have the guts to dress as Martina or Naga =_= So we decided, it would have to be Luna. Yes, Luna Inverse, a character who never even enters the series. Luna is the mysterious and terrifyingly powerful elder sister of Lina. She's mentioned several times throughout the series, but it only seen (and very briefly at that) in opening songs and one eyecatch. That's it! I think only three pictures of her actually exist! There's only one full picture of her, and it's a chibi shot that's inconsistent with the other two pics. So my mom (who's helping me with the sewing) and I are kind of making up the bottom of the outfit (though we're pretty heavily influenced by a cosplayer I found online). I talked to Audry about cosplaying from the series, and she seems interested in trying her hand at it. I suggested Sylphiel or Filia. Audry has more of the body type for Sylphiel, and a wig for Filia, and more free time than me (for now), so I think she could pull off either of them. Either way it would shape into a very nice Slayers group. Too bad we don't have a Zelgadiss, but that's one of the hardest costumes I can think of >.<

So, I got my flight to Baltimore all booked. I'll be leaving Baltimore and going straight to Spokane for my second vacation. Well, it's not so much a vacation as a semi-mandatory visiting of relatives that I never see. I don't know my dad's side of the family very well, and at least one of his sister's family is dysfunctional, so I don't particularly look forward to going there and getting bombarded with things like "So, when do you plan on getting a job? Car? Boyfriend?" I seriously foresee some "good advice" coming my way. Like I don't know all this kind of crap already. *sigh*

I really need to save up my money. Asuka, Mie, and Wakana are coming to New York in September, and I want to go with. This will take lots of money, which could be spent on a new laptop. So that's my choice, New York or laptop. I'm very much hoping that I'll have a job by then. If it's Digital Manga, then that's great, hopefully I'll make some money. If it's Facebook, then I'll have all sorts of crazy problems with moving to California, but at least they'll provide me with a laptop, so that's pretty sweet.

Last night I had a crazy dream. Now, I've had some crazy dreams in my time, and sometimes I enjoy them. Most of the time I'm on the run from scary people and I'm fighting for my life. This time was different. This time I was fighting for someone else's life. I'm not sure what the setting was, but I was a royal guard to some kind of Asian princess (Chinese or Japanese, I'm not sure). Though I was technically the princess' guardian, I spent of lot of time protecting her boyfriend, who was some kind of king. There was lots of sword-fighting to be had. So far, not too abnormal a dream for me. Until we started fighting DINOSAURS! Friggin' dinosaurs! How awesome is that?! I love dinosaurs quite a lot, but these were bad bad dinosaurs, so me and the other guards in my dream had to cut them down while trying to keep track of our royal charges. It was a very cool dream!

Posted by Cat at 10:16 PM |

3 Comments:

At July 18, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Blogger lovely_rei said........
I wonder what dinos in a dream mean.
 


At July 19, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Blogger Joshua Ebling said........
More-so, Dinosaurs and guarding royalty.

I hope the family trip turns out good, trust me when I say I know just what you mean about those three annoying questions. (Job, Car, Relationship)

I'm just hoping now that I have my license this year they'll lay off. Probably not. x.x Best of luck.
 


At August 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Blogger lovely_rei said........
I had this really weird dream with you in it a week ago. I don't remember if I told you. You were totally snogging some British guy and he was hawt. I was so jealous. And then I woke up and realized that it was a dream and I was sad for you.